Type: New Adult
A biker. A tattoo artist. A love to last a lifetime.
Maddox Cross has always had to be tough. When his father went to jail for murder, the teenager took care of his sister and mother. Now on his own and working security at a night club, Maddox wants to become a tattoo artist-a dream that comes closer to reality when he falls for the hottest, most tatted woman he’s ever seen. She’s wild and beautiful, and Maddox will do anything to be with her.
Bee Malone came to town to open up her new tattoo parlor, Masquerade. Since being kidnapped as a young girl, Bee has had trouble getting close to anyone. But when she meets Maddox, she sees that under his hard biker’s body is the sensitive soul of an artist. What starts out as a sizzling one-night stand soon becomes so much more.
Bee wants Maddox to join her tattoo business, but letting him into her life means revealing all her most intimate secrets. And as the past begins to intertwine with her present, Bee fears their love may not be as permanent as their ink . . .
Nikki: What are the top five books that shaped you as an author?
Nyrae: I wouldn’t say these books shaped me as an author but these are books I love or that have really touched me for different reasons.
1. Where She Went by Gayle Foreman because of the incredible male POV and the beautiful writing.
2. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler because of the beautiful writing. I’m a lover of language and my favorite thing is when I’m in awe over how someone words something.
3. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley for the language as well.
4. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan because it’s unique, heartfelt and made me THINK. For days afterward I couldn’t stop thinking about it.
5. The Outlander by Diana Gabaladon because I think it’s one of the few true epic romances.
**GIVEAWAY – the great people over at Forever are allowing me to give away one e-copy of Masquerade to a random commentor here today. To enter simply leave a comment. Open internationally until 1-13-14 @ 11:59pm EST with the winner announced shortly after.**