Hello, I ‘m Nikki. Wife, mother, cleaner, chauffeur and worker extraordinaire. I reside in the extremely small town of Navarre, Ohio. I wake up every morning to the smell of fresh baked bread because I live a block away from a giant bakery. I can walk to anywhere in my town and I know the mailman by name. He is slightly scared of me because I tend to stalk him for my book packages.
When I was 10 I remember my mom griping at me because I brought home too many books from the library. Every trip meant at least 20 were coming home with me. Now I have 5 overflowing bookcases in my house and a full Kindle in my purse. I read tons of romance…pretty much every sub genre except for historical. My favorite authors are Cynthia Eden, Maya Banks, Larrisa Ione and Jill Shalvis.
This is a personal blog, book review blog and anything else I want to do with it. I am not a computer programmer, therefore not a pretty blog. It is run solely by me (Nikki Brandyberry) but I do have additional reviewers if you wish to request a review from someone in particular.
nmulder81 (at) hotmail (dot) com
My name is Michelle and I live in “God-forsaken-west-Texas”. I’m originally from upstate New York, and I’m of the mind that once a New Yorker, always a New Yorker. I juggle being a wife and mom of two with a part-time office job and an internet work-from-home job. I am a sports junkie. One of the best things about living in Texas is that football is practically a religion here. Between the high school, my son’s pee wee team and college & NFL games, we pretty much overdose on football. I also help coach my daughter’s softball team and I love to play golf. My husband and I like to gamble – a lot – so it’s a good thing we live nowhere near Las Vegas. I’m a chocoholic, slightly OCD and I love lighthouses. I am an avid reader of just about any type of romance. I like historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, paranormal, erotica…. if it has a happy ending, you most likely won’t hear me complain about reading it! I have more books waiting to be read than I can probably ever get to in my lifetime, but I’m going to give it the old college try!
Contact: lighthouse_lady8 (at) hotmail (dot) com
1. We read almost entirely romance. This includes all subgenres (erotic, fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, suspense, historical). We also love urban fantasy and UF/romance hybrids. We will not be reading any young adult unless we specifically ask for it. Any other genres are a case by case basis.
2. Unless the review is for a blog tour we will not and can not specify a date in which your review will go up. It depends on what we have on our plates already when we accept the request. Safely bet that it will be at least a month wait time as we try and schedule the blog a month out at all times. We do make attempts for ARC reviews to go out around the publish date if it’s gotten to us with enough notice.
3. We will accept self pub books. Having said that, please do not spam us on Goodreads or Twitter. A email is the best way to get a hold of us.
4. When requesting a review please make sure to tell us the title of your book. We also need to know the blurb or just a general idea of what your book is about. Please give us a few days to get back to you if any of us is interested. Please email Nikki first unless specifically asking for another reviewer. Requests that say they work for an unnamed author but don’t give names or blurbs or anything will be ignored.
5. Reviews are posted on the blog as well as Amazon and Goodreads. ALL of them. Even the not so great ones. We will be completely honest in every review regardless of how we came into possession of the book. We will not write a scathing review. There is a difference between honest and scathing. We do from time to time indulge in snark. Not malicious.
6. We accept both actual books or digital. We also work with Netgalley.
7. We do not under ANY circumstances sell ARCs. Physical copies may be used in giveaways after the book is released.
1. We would be more then happy to have authors or other bloggers guest post on my blog. We will promote your post on our Facebook blog fanpage as well as Twitter. ALL guest posts must go through Nikki.
2. If you guest post we need your post at least 7 days before your scheduled date. If we don’t we have the right to replace your post with something else and move your date to something further down the line. Please be aware that it could be a month out. We am willing to work with you if needed. This is not set in stone. Communication is the key.
3. We suggest having a giveaway of some kind with your guest post. Those posts tend to have more comments and more publicity. Merely a suggestion.
4. Please be available to comment on the day your guest post is up. Talkative and approachable authors tend to get more comments.
5. Last minute guest post requests may or may not be doable. It depends on our personal schedule and what we already have scheduled that day on the blog.
1. Guest reviews will only be accepted if we approach you or have worked with you in the past.
2. Make yourself familiar with the review set up as all reviews will need to be in that format.
3. Please send everything we will need with your review. (Cover pic, buy links, ect)
4. When we schedule it we will let you know the date. Please be available to comment if needed.
5. ALL guest reviews must go through Nikki.
1. Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind is currently only doing a 189×300 stationary sidebar promo opportunity. Your book cover and link to place of your choice (not another review site) will be put up for either 4 or 6 weeks. 4 weeks is $20. 6 weeks is $30. All promo will start at the beginning of the month. Payable through paypal. Contact for additional information and availability. This is only available through Nikki.
2. Please don’t spam us asking for link exchanges multiple times. The blogs we list on the sidebar are blogs we visit daily and can honestly recommend.
DNF – Did Not Finish
1 star – I don’t even want to talk about it
2 stars – Read half and then skipped to the end OR I read the entire thing, but I may have skimmed a bit
3 stars– Was a decent read
4 stars – It was really very good, I will recommend
5 stars– Phenomenal, couldn’t put it down. I will end up re-reading.
As of December 2016 the total number of pages views was: 804,000
Twitter Followers – 1450
Goodreads followers -1100 and growing daily
Also have email followers, fb fan page followers and various feed reader followers
*Please be aware that guidelines can be adjusted at any time we deem necessary to do so*